Synchronica Pushes Social Networking and News to Every Mobile Phone
New Mobile Gateway 4.0 functionality connects users to social networking services and news feeds. Delivers instant updates using industry standards, Push IMAP, WAP Push, MMS, or SMS and is compatible with any mobile phone. Full demo available at Mobile World Congress, Hall 2, Stand 2J25
Barcelona, Spain, February 19, 2009 -- GSMA Mobile World Congress, Synchronica, the leading developer of mobile email and synchronization solutions, today announces new functionality within Mobile Gateway 4.0 that pushes social networking and news updates to any mass market mobile phone.
A wide range of popular social networking sites, such as Twitter, Flickr, Picasa, LinkedIn, and Plaxo are supported in addition to thousands of other leading news, financial, and sporting feeds.
Updates are automatically pushed to the user's mobile phone whenever new content is made available. The integration is based on Mobile Gateway's standard JCR-compliant plugin architecture which connects to any site that supports RSS feeds.
Global registrations amongst all social networking sites are expected to grow exponentially until 2012. In 2008 alone, Twitter recorded between 5000 and 10,000 new user registrations each day . The emerging popularity of social networking services present new revenue streams for network operators who license the Synchronica Mobile Gateway 4.0 push email and synchronization platform.
Mobile Gateway 4.0 enables network operators to enhance their data and mobile advertising revenues by providing subscribers with a simple method of receiving preferred social network and newsfeed updates whilst on the move. Updates are either pushed as emails into a separate mailbox on any phone supporting the OMA EMN (Push IMAP) industry standard or delivered as an SMS, MMS, or WAP Push.
The use of social networking services within emerging markets is exploding. Comscore reports that the greatest year-on-year growth of social networking subscriptions comes from the Middle East & Africa (66 %) and Latin America (33 %). Synchronica believes that in emerging markets where consumers are often reliant on internet cafes, the mobile phone is becoming the primary tool for accessing digital content.
Carsten Brinkschulte, CEO of Synchronica, comments: 'Consumers, even in emerging markets, are increasingly looking to connect to social networking sites from their phones. This is confirmed by recent research from Informa which reports that 55 to 60 million people globally already use their mobile phone for social networking. Synchronica Mobile Gateway 4.0 takes this a step further by pushing updates from popular social networking services in addition to thousands of news feeds to any basic mass market phone. We are connecting two mass market trends - email and social networking - and making them available anytime, anywhere, and on any handset.'
Place and Date : GSMA Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Hall 2, Stand 2J25, February 19, 2009
 Source: Hubspot: State of the Twittersphere
About Mobile Gateway
Synchronica's Mobile Gateway 4.0 provides push email and synchronization to consumers and business users on any handset without requiring additional client software. The multi-protocol solution combines industry-standard LEMONADE and OMA EMN push email with Email to SMS, WAP Push, and Email to MMS to provide the best possible user experience from high-end smartphones to entry-level devices. Address book and calendar synchronization using SyncML completes the service offering for business users, as well as consumers. Serving consumers and prosumers, Mobile Gateway includes back-end support for POP3 and IMAP mailboxes, connecting to popular services, such as AOL or Gmail. Business mailboxes supported include Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino, and Sun Java System Communications Suite.
Synchronica plc develops and markets mobile email and synchronization solutions for mobile operators and device manufacturers. Products include the award-winning push email and synchronization solution Mobile Gateway and the device backup solution Mobile Backup. Based on industry standards, Synchronica can reach the built-in email and synchronization clients of more than two billion mobile devices on the market today. Service providers in emerging and developed markets use Synchronica's products to offer mobile email, PIM synchronization, and backup and restore services to consumer and business subscribers.
Headquartered in England, Synchronica has a development center in Germany and presences in the USA, Hong Kong, and Dubai. Synchronica plc is a public company traded on the AIM list of the London Stock Exchange (SYNC.LN). More information is available at http://www.synchronica.com
Chief Marketing Officer
Tel.: +44 1892 552 780
Mobile: +44 7977 256 412
Fax: +44 1892 552 721
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Nicole Meissner from 122.164.40.xxx
Article Taged as : synchronica, pushes, social, networking, news, every, mobile, phone, http, www.synchronica.com, synchronica, pushes, social, networking, news, every, mobile, phone,
Article Viewed 5151 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Synchronica Pushes Social Networking and News to Every Mobile Phone
Date Listed : Thursday, February 19, 2009
Source : ,
- Performance Food Centers and Beechers Coffee: Partners in Social Responsibility Performance Food Centers partners with Beechers Coffee, an on-line micro coffee roaster who gives back to the community.
Pottstown, PA, March 19, 2010 -- Performance Food Centers is proud to be ...
- Mobile Application Marketplace ----Aarkstore Enterprise Overview:
Mobile application development initially looks like a great business opportunity. Apple's and other OEMs providing free and simple to user development tools for their handsets and offering ...
- Mobile Networks Evolving to all-IP backbone 2nd edition ----Aarkstore Enterprise Overview:
Mobile operators have made substantial investments in legacy protocols. Third generation (3G) data networking have brought carriers into the IP world and fourth generation (4G) data will require an all-IP ...
- China industry research and market forecast: automobile parts and accessories manufacturing industry, 2008-2009 China industry research and market forecast: automobile parts and accessories manufacturing industry, 2008-2009 is an invaluable asset for anyone who wants to invest in the automobile parts and accessories manufacturing ...
- Automobile Leasing Will Increase Further in 2010 Right from 2007 there has been a rise in automobile leasing. But, this year analysts predict that there will be on upswing and will continue to rebound. Jeffrey Taylor of ...
- what is a watch mobile phone? China's first officially listed on CECT watch cell phone YAMI
Pictured: CECT watch cell phone ( http://www.epathchina.com/multifunction-cellphones-mobile-phone-watch-c-34_130.html )YAMI
It is reported that this YAMI Watch phone with its stylish looks and practical ...
- Best Mobiles â€" A Blog for people interested in mobile phone features and cell phone technologies A new blog on mobile phones has recently been launched. This blog caters the needs of the online users who are interested in mobile phone reviews, feature, technologies and price ...
- Mobile Application and its opportunities Bharatbook added a new report on "Mobile Application Marketplace" provides a market overview, mobile programming overview, market analysis, and predictions on Mobile market.
Mobile Application Marketplace ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=132814&rt=Mobile-Application-Marketplace.html ) report says ...
- Mymobileline.com connects over 2000 communities with its free phone chat services Las Vegas, NV - MyMobileLine.com serves over 2000 communities across the web in helping singles and adults find their partners through free chat lines. Singles who are looking for adult ...
- Digital Vidya Shines at its 3rd Social Media Marketing Bootcamp New Delhi, India (Mar 15, 2010): Digital Vidya, India's premier digital marketing training company successfully delivered its 3rd Social Media Marketing (SMM) bootcamp on March 12 and 13 in Delhi. ...