POLITICS ETHIOPIA Disappointed But Not Defeated
ips africa provides news features and analyses on the events and processes affecting political, economic and social development of people and nations in africa. in directing this coverage, emphasis is put on not only hearing the voices of those in positio LILONGWE, Nov 21 (IPS) - Civil society organisations in Malawi are keen on
the newly introduced Governance and Transparency Fund (GTF)
which, they hope, will provide people with more power to ensure
that there is proper governance and transparency in the country.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : politics, ethiopia, disappointed, defeated, http, www.ipsnews.net, africa.xml, news, africa, politics, ethiopia, disappointed, defeated,
Article Viewed 867 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
ips news - africa
ips africa provides news features and analyses on the events and processes affecting political, economic and social development of people and nations in africa. in directing this coverage, emphasis is put on not only hearing the voices of those in positio
The Submitted XML Type text/xml and gathered so far 10650 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is Microsoft-IIS/6.0 and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : POLITICS ETHIOPIA Disappointed But Not Defeated
Date Listed : Monday, November 24, 2008
Source : ,
- No Impact Man Gets Real Colin Beavan Talks Candidly with the Low Density Lifestyle About Sustainability the Environment and Politics Colin Beavan, the author of the bestselling book, "No Impact Man" - and subject of the documentary by the same name - speaks exclusively with the Low Density Lifestyle ...
- Healthcare reforms politics of anger GOP fights backSome Democrats have been attacked or threatened over passage of healthcare reform. Now, GOP leaders are fighting back against suggestions that their party is somehow responsible.
- POLITICS TOGO First Female Presidential Candidate LOME, Feb 17 (IPS) - Brigitte Kafui Adjamagbo-Johnson, head of the
opposition Democratic Convention of African Peoples party, is
Togo's first female presidential candidate.
But she has
withdrawn from ...
- POLITICS MAURITIUS Plea for More Female Candidates PORT-LOUIS , Feb 18 (IPS) - Sandhya Boygah considers herself a victim of
In 2007, she was asked by her party,
the ruling Labour Party, to step aside ...
- Falklanders disappointed at Argentinian moves
AFP AFP - Falkland islanders are "disappointed" at Argentina's move to disrupt oil drilling in the south Atlantic archipelago, their leaders said amid a war of words between London and Buenos Aires.
- US disappointed at torture rulingThe US expresses disappointment at a British court ruling that details of the alleged torture of a UK resident must be disclosed.
- ETHIOPIA Dam Critics Wont Go Away ADDIS ABABA, Feb 6 (IPS) - Ethiopia is building a 240-metre high dam on the
Omo River that is intended to end the country's electricity
shortage and supply power to ...
- Ethiopia visit a big step in Makhtal case Ethiopia visit a 'big step' in Bashir Makhtal case A Foreign Affairs statement says it will seek clemency for Bashir Makhtal, a Canadian imprisoned in Ethiopia, if the death penalty ...
- Uganda Government Tells U.S Envoy to Steer Clear of Local Politicsall africa, all the time. A US Congressional delegation will visit Zimbabwe this month to review the power- sharing deal, the embassy confirmed last week.
- Afghanistan war Good counterinsurgency like good politics is local In Afghanistan, US soldiers on second or third tours are returning to the same areas, where they already know key tribal leaders and the terrain. The new strategy aims to ...