Teach English in Istanbul with Conversation Corps
The program has a focus on cultural exchange and host families are not only excited to learn English but also love to share the characteristics of their country, culture and cuisine.
Guilford, CT, October 02, 2008 -- Conversation Corps announces a new way for travelers to teach English in Istanbul: live with an Turkish family for a month and teach them English. Because of the close proximity of the 'students' this will be an amazing adventure of living in the teaching environment. Conversation Corps provide the materials; travelers provide the personality to liven up a family class or dinner conversation!
For only $1110 for one month, $1260 for three months, travelers can explore Italy while having meals and accommodation provided, suddenly traveling in Europe has become affordable again. Conversation Corps is a unique way to live in a foreign country for a fraction of the normal cost. Travelers will live in a home stay with plenty of time to fully explore the country; then for 15 hours a week will get great work experience teaching English to their Italian host family.
Conversation Corps is a great program for people who want to experience life in Istanbul and the Turkish culture in-depth. Travelers will spend 15 hours a week teaching English and they will have the rest of their time free to explore the region. The program has a focus on cultural exchange and host families are not only excited to learn English but also love to share the characteristics of their country, culture and cuisine.
With Asia on one side and Europe on the other, travelers to Istanbul will literally be living at the crossroads of civilization. Istanbul is a city with a diverse and rich history including a multitude of Roman, Islamic, and Medieval heritage sites; there are just over 2600 Mosques in Istanbul along with 300 churches and 20 synagogues.
Conversation Corps members wanting to teach English in Istanbul need to have earned a high school diploma or certificate, be in good health and abide by the family's rules and habits. Participants must devote up to 15 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, for lessons and conversation. Lesson plans and family activities are provided by Conversation Corps as part of the pre-departure information, travelers do not need a teaching degree to participate in the program.
Duties and Responsibilities for the teach English in Istanbul program
Teaching the host family English up to 15 hours a week Monday to Friday . Come up with creative, fun and informative lesson plans . Helping children with their English homework . Play games in English with the children . Create and teach educational games and activities
All Conversation Corps programs include accommodation. Most include meals, airport pick-up, project training, in-country support, extensive medical and accident insurance, extensive pre-departure information and onsite project orientation. The opportunity to teach English in Istanbul is $1110 for a month, $1260 for three months.
For more information on how to teach English in Italy or to book a trip
visit: http://www.conversationcorps.org or call1-877-949-9998. Programs range in duration from one to three months and the destinations participants can travel to include: Jordan, Germany, France, Spain, Thailand, Italy, Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Russia and Turkey.
Conversation Corps is the teaching English branch of Geovisions, a volunteer travel provider. Offering the opportunity for travelers to travel abroad while teaching English, Conversation Corps is reintroducing the concept of the homestay and in doing so encouraging more cultural interaction between tourists and the local culture. Travelers can choose from destinations such
as: Jordan, Germany, France, Spain, Thailand, Italy, Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Russia and Turkey and can spend a month abroad for as little as $760. For more information please visit: http://www.conversationcorps.org
Press Release Submission By PressReleasePoint(http://www.pressreleasepoint.com)
101 Sage Hollow Rd
Guilford, CT 06437
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Alexia Nestora from 117.193.128.xxx
Article Taged as : teach, english, istanbul, with, conversation, corps, http, www.conversationcorps.org, teach, english, istanbul, with, conversation, corps,
Article Viewed 4457 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Teach English in Istanbul with Conversation Corps
Date Listed : Thursday, October 02, 2008
Source : ,
- Istanbul bomb attack kills 4 Kurdish PKK rebels fingered The Kurdish Workers Party (PKK), which is engaged in an escalating conflict with the military that has killed at least 13 soldiers since Friday, is suspected of coordinating Tuesday's Istanbul ...
- LetsTalkIBS.com Helps Patients Start the Conversation about Irritable Bowel Syndrome New tools are now available on www.letstalkibs.com – including a “Describe How You Feel” tool – to help patients put their symptoms into words for a more constructive conversation with ...
- Another jolly good year for David Austins English rosesNew English roses introduced by David Austin will add flair to this year's gardens and flower shows.
- Great recession catches up with English Premier LeagueThe English Premier League, one of the richest in world soccer, could see one of its teams go bankrupt.
- A conversation about the North Korean worldview on The Marketplace of Ideas this Thursday This week on The Marketplace of Ideas , Colin Marshall talks to Brian Reynolds Myers, contributing editor to the Atlantic and professor of international studies at Dongseo University in Busan, ...
- Heather Reisman in conversation with bestselling Eat Pray Love author
Elizabeth Gilbert at exclusive Toronto engagement Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, Feb. 19 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has reciprocated a Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA) decision and permanently banned ...
- Overseas students lack EnglishInside Out investigates how revenue pressures are leading universities to accept students who lack adequate skills in English.
- PNC Celebrates Black History Month With Conversations in Courage Speakers Series and Website The public is invited to attend two free events as part of The PNC Financial Services Group's sixth annual Black History Month speaker series: Renee Powell - Feb. 10 at ...
- RobotShop Launches its New Portal and Robotics News Blogs in French and English RobotShop Distribution Inc. announces today the launch of its new website and new Informational and Technological Watch Blogs in the fields of Personal and Professional Robotics. (PRWeb Feb 11, 2010)
- Windows Live Messenger 300 Million Users 1.5 Billion Conversations 9 Billion Messages last 10 news on softpedia.com An impressive landscape photograph called "Pyramid Lake (at Night)" was featured at Apple’s January 27 event in San Francisco, when the Mac maker unveiled the ...