Discovery May Pave The Way For A New Class Of Diabetes Drugs
Scientists have determined the structure of a protein found in cells that shows potential as a target for the development of new drugs to treat diabetes. They described the structure of a protein—MitoNEET—that was previously identified as a site where diabetes drugs could operate. The discovery of the protein's three-dimensional structure makes it possible to design small molecules that interact with it and modify its function.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : discovery, pave, class, diabetes, drugs, http, www.sciencedaily.com, releases, 2007, 070830102604.htm, http, www.sciencedaily.com, newsfeed.xml, sciencedaily, magazine, discovery, pave, class, diabetes, drugs,
Article Viewed 638 times.
Positive attitude 85 votes [0.13%]
Negetive attitude 17 votes [0.03%]
News Article Source & Groups
your link to the latest research news. daily headlines about discoveries in the physical and life sciences, health and medicine, the environment, and technology, from the world's leading universities and research centers.
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 334956 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Discovery May Pave The Way For A New Class Of Diabetes Drugs
Date Listed : Thursday, August 30, 2007
Source : ,
- Cell-Based Assays for Drug Discovery ----Aarkstore Enterprise The area of drug discovery tools is one of the newest and most important sectors of pharmaceutical research and development. The term drug discovery tools usually refers to high-content screening ...
- Government-Diabetes.Org Offers Free Diabetic Supplies to Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetics on Medicare Washington DC Offers Free Diabetic Test Strips And Financial Assistance Program To Diabetics In Need Of Help With Co-Pay
Washington, DC, March 10, 2010 -- If you are currently diagnosed with ...
- Exhaustive information on Diabetes Market in UAE Bharatbook added a new report on "Diabetes Market in UAE"Â assesses current development process and opportunity areas in the UAE diabetes market. By RNCOS.
Diabetes Market in UAE
Diabetes is one of the ...
- The Future of Biobanks: Regulation, ethics, investment and the humanization of drug discovery-Aarkstore Enterprise The Future of Biobanks: Regulation, ethics, investment and the humanization of drug discovery
Biobanks collect and store human biospecimens, playing a vital role in the development of novel drugs and ...
- Drug Discovery In India and China - Gaining Momentum with Increasing Pressure on Cost Cutting Bharatbook added a new report on "Drug Discovery In India and China - Gaining Momentum with Increasing Pressure on Cost Cutting" gives Future ffor the Drug Discovery Players in India ...
- Type 1 Diabetes â€" Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 GlobalData has estimated the global type 1 diabetes therapeutics market to be valued at $2.7 billion in 2009. It is expected to grow to $4.1 billion with a Compound Annual ...
- Type-2 Diabetes - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 GlobalData estimated the global type-2 diabetes market, in 2009, at $21.9 billion indicating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.2% between 2001 and 2009. The growth in the market ...
- The Diabetes Market Outlook To 2014: Market dynamics, competitive landscape, emerging therapies-Aarkstore Enterprise Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder that results due to a failure of the body to produce the hormone insulin and/or an inability of the body to respond adequately ...
- DNA Sequencing In Drug Discovery: Market outlook for applications, tools and services, and 40 company profiles-Aarkstore Enterprise The advent of DNA sequencing technology has had a vast impact on the field of drug development. It has played a key role in the success of the Human Genome ...
- Drug Discovery in India and China - Gaining Momentum with Increasing Pressure on Cost Cutting The pharmaceutical industries in the US and Europe are facing severe financial constraints which are expected to worsen in the years ahead. The pharma companies are under increasing pressure to ...