Manilas Aquino crosses one hurdle in pushing contraceptive bill
MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine President Benigno Aquino on Monday successfully threw his weight behind a health bill promoting state-funded contraception, stepping out of his mother's shadow as he pushes reforms widely opposed by the Roman Catholic Church. Aquino's late mother, Corazon, a pillar of democracy in the Philippines, was put in power in 1986 in a popular revolt strongly supported by the Church. The Philippines, with a rapidly growing population of around 95 million, is the only predominantly Catholic country in the region apart from East Timor. ...
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : manilas, aquino, crosses, hurdle, pushing, contraceptive, bill, http, news.yahoo.com, manilas, aquino, crosses, hurdle, pushing, contraceptive, bill, 112138313, business.html, manilas, aquino, crosses, hurdle, pushing, contraceptive, bill,
Article Viewed 672 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Politics group.
And brought to you by Channel Yahoo, TOP messanger, second search engine, its yahoo
The XMl Feed Type text/xml;charset=utf-8 and collected data 350790 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is YTS/1.20.20 and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
Yahoo: Politics: Manilas Aquino crosses one hurdle in pushing contraceptive bill
Date Listed : Monday, August 06, 2012
Source : Politics, Yahoo! News: Politics News
- Greek debt crisis pushing more European integration where As the Greek debt crisis rolls on, some in Britain worry that the crisis is being used to undermine economic sovereignty and pushes European integration further.
- Healthcare reform Fixes to bills are first major hurdle House and Senate still have to work out tough issues on healthcare reform, including funding and abortion. The devil could be in the details – including 'fixes' House members want ...
- Korea Japan tunnel project faces hurdles Discussions for a Korea-Japan undersea tunnel have been gaining momentum among researchers, politicians and entrepreneurs, but the project faces many hurdles before it can become a reality.
If realized, the two ...
- Thomas dAquino named honorary professor Press releases distributed via CNW Group. VANCOUVER, Dec. 22 /CNW/ - Perfora Investments S.a.r.l. ("Perfora") announces that it has acquired 12,750,000 shares (the "Shares") of Comaplex Minerals Corp. ("Comaplex") pursuant ...
- Mercury mission clears key hurdleScience delegations to the European Space Agency approve a much more expensive mission to the planet Mercury.
- Pushing the brain to find new pathways Until recently, scientists believed that, following a stroke, a patient had about six months to regain any lost function. After that, patients would be forced to compensate for the lost ...
- Marathons Drilling Pushing New Boundaries Press releases distributed via CNW Group. LEVIS, QC, Sept. 8 /CNW Telbec/ - Desjardins Group announces the
following changes in mortgage rates for caisses in Québec and Ontario(*),
effective on ...
- Transformers Revenge of the Fallen The IMAX Experience crosses dollor 40 million milestonePress releases distributed via CNW Group. TORONTO, July 23 /CNW/ - ALL TIMES ARE LOCAL
- Skyscapes Mobile Healthcare Professional Community Crosses the 1 Million MarkThis Historical Milestone is Celebrated with the Crowning of the Skyscape "Millioneer" (PRWeb May 30, 2009)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/skyscape/millioneer/prweb2475434.htm
- Wary Button vows to keep pushingLeader Jenson Button insists he will keep on pushing to win every race for fear of his championship bid being derailed.