New cave cricket species filmed
A swimming cricket is one of three 'new species' discovered in South America, according to TV film crew.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : cave, cricket, species, filmed, http, www.bbc.co.uk, nature, 19102700, cave, cricket, species, filmed,
Article Viewed 158 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0.01%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0.01%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Top News group.
And brought to you by Channel BBC, BBC is the world wide famous news agency
The XMl Feed Type text/xml and collected data 575015 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is Apache and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
BBC: Top News: New cave cricket species filmed
Date Listed : Saturday, August 04, 2012
Source : BBC NEWS, BBC NEWS | Help | RSS | RSS Feed (Really Simple Syndication)
- AUDIO Humans an ultra social speciesIt is wrong to think that the findings of evolutionary science support the idea that humans are by nature selfish, according to evolutionary biologist David Sloane Wilson.
- New species of bat Hipposideros griffini discovered in Vietnam A distinctive echolocation frequency led to the discovery of a new species of bat within the genus Hipposideros. Although this bat is similar to the species Hipposideros armiger, differences in ...
- Unusual rhino beetle behavior discovered Invasive species severely impact small islands The coconut rhinoceros beetle continues to munch its way through the crowns of coconut trees on the northwest coast of Guam. Rhino hunters are ready to get tough with bio-control ...
- Citizen science Birders contribute valuable data on invasive plant species In an effort to assess ties between birds' feeding habits and the spread of nonnative invasive plants, researchers provided ornithologists from four US states with questionnaires on daily bird-plant encounters. ...
- Concern over non native speciesA conservation charity warns that a number of non-native mammal species are damaging the UK countryside.
- Earth Hour where How about endangered species hour where Just as Earth Hour can pressure governments on global warming, so can consumers push politicians to protect endangered species such as bluefin tuna, several kinds of sharks, and corals -- ...
- CITES meeting rejects protection for marine species The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) meeting in Qatar rejected protection for marine species, including sharks, bluefin tuna, and coral, disappointing the US, environmentalists, and marine scientists.
- Aquatic invasion Scientists find first amphibious insect species Several new species of rare Hawaiian moth caterpillars have been discovered to be able to thrive both totally submerged and totally dry. They are the first insects to be described ...
- New species of dinosaur found in eastern Utah rock
AP AP - Fossils of a previously undiscovered species of dinosaur have been found in slabs of Utah sandstone that were so hard that explosives had to be used to free ...
- Interactions between species Powerful driving force behind evolution where Scientists in the UK have provided the first experimental evidence that shows that evolution is driven most powerfully by interactions between species, rather than adaptation to the environment.