Brazil Supreme Court trial could tarnish Lulas legacy
RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Seven years after a corruption scandal rattled the government of former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brazil's Supreme Court on Thursday begins a landmark trial that could mar the wildly popular leader's legacy. Brazilians still don't know the extent of the infamous "mensalăo" scandal, an alleged scheme to pay legislators a monthly retainer in exchange for their support in Congress. ...
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : brazil, supreme, court, trial, could, tarnish, lulas, legacy, http, news.yahoo.com, brazil, supreme, court, trial, could, tarnish, lulas, legacy, 170012306, business.html, brazil, supreme, court, trial, could, tarnish, lulas, legacy,
Article Viewed 533 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Politics group.
And brought to you by Channel Yahoo, TOP messanger, second search engine, its yahoo
The XMl Feed Type text/xml;charset=utf-8 and collected data 350790 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is YTS/1.20.20 and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
Yahoo: Politics: Brazil Supreme Court trial could tarnish Lulas legacy
Date Listed : Thursday, August 02, 2012
Source : Politics, Yahoo! News: Politics News
- Thinking about expand your healthcare business in Brazil? Canabraz Health is your support to do this!
Canabraz Health is a strategic consulting firm providing advisory services to clients currently competing, or seeking to compete, within the Brazilian medical ...
- Shell and Cosan Joint Venture â€" To Strengthen Brazilâ€™s Leading Position in the Global Bioethanol Market The joint venture (JV) between the Netherlands-based Shell International Petroleum Company Limited (Shell) and Cosan S.A. (Cosan) will invest around $12 billion in the Brazilian bioethanol industry. According to the ...
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the USA, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico 2009 edition US consumer expenditure on clothing and footwear fell by 1.1% in 2008 and continued to decline in the first half of 2009 as the recession took hold. Reflecting the downturn, ...
- Homer Ferguson Foundation Legacy Continues with Son, Bobby Ferguson of Detroit Second Ferguson generation bolsters his fatherâ€™s community support for youth and senior services with three new profound activities.
CEO of Ferguson Enterprises, Inc., and Detroiter Bobby Ferguson announced the formation ...
- Bobby Ferguson, CEO of Detroit-based Ferguson Enterprises, Inc., will Continue His Fatherâ€™s Legacy Thru the Homer Ferguson Foundation The Foundationâ€™s financial help supports needed services to feed, clothe and educate the most vulnerable of a communityâ€™s populations: the youth and the elderly.
The Homer Ferguson ...
- Supreme Industries announces the launch of their Business Catalog Supreme Industries Mumbai, is pleased to announce the launch of its newly designed official website http://www.indiamart.com/supreme-industries/. The company's goal is to provide its visitors with a virtual experience through the ...
- MyBioHazardLabels.com Deals in Supreme Quality BioHazard Labels
A biohazard sign is an important tool for representing an area or material that can potentially cause a biohazard or infection, like the waste bags, storage containers and several other ...
- George Brazil Offering 24x7 Plumbing & HVAC Services George Brazil is providing 24 hours emergency service so that it is able to meet the immediate requirements of customers at any time of the day.
Lenawee Culver City, CA , ...
- Mixed Martial Arts: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Nutrition Plan Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a physically demanding sport. A Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu athlete needs to exercise to strengthen his body and practice to develop his own style and master the sport. Apart ...
- Opportunities in Brazil Banking Sector With a favorable ratio of long-term to short-term deposits and a relatively low reliance on wholesale funding coupled with cautious credit policies, the banking sector in the country is expected ...