Green Blog Big Drought Makes for a Small Dead Zone
Because of a lack of rain in the Midwest, far less fertilizer was flushed into rivers and far less nitrates reached the Gulf of Mexico, slowing the process that depletes oxygen there.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : green, blog, drought, makes, small, dead, zone, http, feeds.nytimes.com, click.phdo, where, 5ae035256de66f198dbfaefec0521ac8, green, blog, drought, makes, small, dead, zone,
Article Viewed 267 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Science group.
And brought to you by Channel New York Times, Find breaking news, multimedia, reviews
The XMl Feed Type text/xml;charset=UTF-8 and collected data 130981 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is FeedsPortal and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
New York Times: Science: Green Blog Big Drought Makes for a Small Dead Zone
Date Listed : Thursday, August 02, 2012
Source : SCIENCE, New York Times > SCIENCE
- Drought measures sought at summitParts of England face "crippling drought" with some rivers and groundwater levels lower than in 1976, it is warned, as a drought summit is held.
- SA goal drought continuesSouth Africa coach Carlos Alberto Parreira looks on the bright side despite his strikers drawing blanks against Jamaica.
- UCR plant scientists research spawns new discoveries showing how crops survive drought RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- Breakthrough research done earlier this year by a plant cell biologist at the University of California, Riverside has greatly accelerated scientists' knowledge on how plants ...
- Scientists Reveals Secrets Of Drought Resistance Biologists have solved the structure of a critical molecule that helps plants survive during droughts. Understanding the inner workings of this molecule may help scientists design new ways to protect ...
- Team led by Scripps Research and UC San Diego scientists reveals secrets of drought resistance La Jolla, CA, October 21, 2009 -- A team of biologists in California led by researchers at The Scripps Research Institute and the University of California (UC), San Diego ...
- Indias fight against poverty set back by years by floods drought Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, Oct. 7 /CNW/ - Bengal Energy Ltd. (TSX: BNG) presented at the Canadian Energy Explorers and Producers (CEEPIC) Investment Conference today at the ...
- Strengthening cotton research Bayer CropScience and Performance Plants Inc. sign license agreement on drought tolerant cotton Press releases distributed via CNW Group. TORONTO, Sept. 1 /CNW/ - All LCBO stores will be closed on Labour Day,
Monday, September 7 and resume business on Tuesday, September 8.
- Single IPO on the TSX breaks nine month drought signals growing investor demand PwC surveyPress releases distributed via CNW Group. STETTLER, AB, July 7 /CNW/ -
NOTE: EFFECTIVE JULY 08, 2009
- Nitrogen Fixation Process In Plants To Combat Drought In Various Species Of Legumes The regulation of the biological fixation of nitrogen in hydric stress conditions varies with the different species of legume plants studied. Nitrogen is the most abundant element in the terrestrial ...
- Drought Tolerant PlantsMany perennials have special mechanisms to help them survive, especially when it comes to drought. Some have ...