Digital Branding Overtaking Direct Marketing in 2012
Los Angeles, CA, April 10, 2012 -- Internet advertising has become the fastest growing area of ad spend for both on and offline companies. While the largest percentage of online advertising has traditionally been in the realm of direct response, digital branding is poised to overtake that vertical in 2012, according to a State of the Industry Survey. In fact, the survey reveals that brand advertising will represent nearly 60 percent of digital ad spend by mid to large sized companies in the coming year, as 60% of marketers expect to divert funds from direct response to digital branding initiatives.
64% of marketers not only plan to increase their online brand advertising budgets in 2012, but 22 percent say they will increase spending by more than 20 percent. The top three verticals of spend include mobile, where 69% of marketers have indicated an intent to expand; social, attracting 63% of marketers; and video advertising, which is expected to increase by 59% of marketers surveyed.
'Digital branding is the NOW of online advertising,' says Byron Wycoff, a digital media and marketing business expert specializing in positioning brands for rapid growth. 'We are seeing more and more clients backing away from direct response and turning to social media for brand recognition.'
Byron Wycoff runs the team of media experts, creatives, tech heads and analysts who make up the Media Brand project - a company dedicated to evolving with the digital landscape. 'We focus on current trends and technologies to capture new opportunities as they emerge,' says Wycoff, adding, 'We love what we do - and we do it well!'
The main obstacle digital brand marketers confront daily is lack of access to quality metrics. nearly 7 out of 10 marketers surveyed say they would spend more of their advertising budget on online brand advertising if they only had improved clarity around the actual return on investment for digital branding.
Unfortunately, those same marketers' confidence in the companies they hire is low. Only 6 percent of brands and 16 percent of agencies surveyed said they 'strongly believe' digital branding companies' claims that they can reach the desired audience.
'You have to show results,' says Wycoff. 'Understanding each individual client's needs and expectations is key.' For many brands, increased sales is proof enough that digital branding works. For those with less specific goals, such as interaction at the social level, complicated metrics must be broken down into clearly designated achievements.
Reports should consist of real-time data compared to market and client specific benchmarks, with focus on just a few metrics at a time to prevent data 'overload'. Third party brand ad effectiveness studies can be used to verify the audience reach as well as campaign impact, to encourage emerging brands to take direct ownership of their branding investment and continue to allocate funds to digital media.
Media Brand Project
Los Angeles, CA 90064
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : digital, branding, overtaking, direct, marketing, 2012, projectmedia, project, digital, branding, overtaking, direct, marketing, marketing, recognition, interaction, traditional, advertising, marketing., overtaking,
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Digital Branding Overtaking Direct Marketing in 2012
Date Listed : Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Source : ,
- Digital tools to save languagesFacebook, YouTube and even texting will be the salvation of many of the world's endangered languages, scientists believe.
- McCrone Associates Elaine Schumacher Named Director of the.Schumacher to serve a two-year term on Executive Council(PRWeb February 20, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9207408.htm
- Cinematographers Prepare for Expanded Role as Directors of ImageryGlobal Cinematography Institute in Hollywood starts new program - "Expanded Cinematography."(PRWeb February 19, 2012)Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9208567.htm
- Manpower Inc. Appoints Dustin Little as Director Permanent Placement Solutions Eastern U.S. Effective June 21, 2010, Dustin Little, a former Regional Permanent Placement Manager for the Southwest division, will be the Director of Permanent Placement Solutions for the Eastern U.S. focused on ...
- Here We Grow Again Internet Marketing Firm Conversion Pipeline Opens New Office in Williamsburg Virginia Small business Internet marketing specialist, Conversion Pipeline, announces that it is expanding its operations with opening an office in Williamsburg, Virginia. (PRWeb Jun 22, 2010)
- Lead Generation Marketing ROI Study ReleasedSurvey Reveals Opportunities to Increase B2B Lead Generation Performance and Profitability. (PRWeb Jun 21, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/06/prweb3426094.htm
- Many clinicians maintain positive attitudes toward industry marketing activitiesDespite current policy trends, many clinicians continue to hold positive attitudes toward gifts from and marketing interactions with pharmaceutical and device companies, according to a new study.
- eInserts A Cost Effective Alternative to Email Marketing eInserts.net announces a cost effective alternative to email marketing that promises to deliver real value as well as measurable results. (PRWeb Apr 2, 2010)
- Design News Announces David Greenfield as Editorial Director Design News, the leading technical resource for OEM design engineers and engineering managers, announced today that David Greenfield will be taking over the reins of Editorial Director beginning April 12, ...
- Digital Projection Adds Service Coordinator to Customer Support Team Odom will work with both the Technical and Customer Service Managers to assure timely completion of all service orders. In addition, Odom will manage communication between the DPI technical ...